MY OJT BLOG

OJT is more than what it means. It’s the set of training, learning and the most important ingredients of all, the experience. Just like what a famous quote says, “Experience is the best teacher” and nothing compares to the knowledge that it can give to us. It may be hard at first, but once we learn to appreciate and love what we’re doing, it became easier and easier every day. As I entered college I am prepared that one day I will be working in the real world. So after taking this on-the-job training I am assuring myself that this will help me in my future job. I know that 320 hours is not enough to fully understand the real situation in working in real world but I am sure that I can cope up easily and flexibly to whatever my future job will be. 

       (Cleaning the Office, Filing the            NOA(Notice of Assessment) and the scanned Declaration of Real Property, Folding the Sketch Plan)
       (Stamping and writing the Tax             Declaration(TD) and Property Index       Number, Segregating the old Field         Appraisal and Assessment Sheet) 
There are three things that I realized while I’m on my training. First, I realized that it’s not easy to have a job and to be an employee. As I observe there, they need to encounter a lot of problems and they need to solve it right away. But when they are having a hard time, they still enjoying their works. Second, I realized that it’s really hard to have your own money; you need to work hard for it. Unlike for being a student, you all need to do is to spend your money for nothing or some others just budgeting it but they don’t know how hard to get that. It’s never like that anymore when you have your own work or as we can say when you already in a real world. And last but not the least; I realized that it’s really important to a worker to love their job first because if you don’t want or like what you are doing in your work, you’re making your life miserable. Your making you’re self-stressed and you will always feel bored and lazy in your working hours. You have to enjoy it so that you will have a happy life because work or job will be part of your life so be it, enjoy it.

Also I'm very grateful to everyone working in the office for the lessons that they teached especially Ma'am Mary Ann for helping and teaching me things that I'm not good at as an intern, I thought I was not able to do well but as time passed by, I know I gained more self-confidence and self-esteem. I have the initiative in doing something and learned new skills. In my last day of OJT in Municipal Assessor Office I felt mixed emotions, partly happy and partly sad. Partly happy and rewarding because finally I am done taking my OJT that lasted for almost 2 months and partly sad because I am going to miss our Ma'am's and Sir's. Thank you very much for this wonderful experience and I'm grateful that I've met a great people along this learning journey.

Comments